Finally.

This morning, I was finally able to go to mail services and get my Nintendo DS Lite! I am so freaking excited and I'm pretty sure it was worth waiting for the apple green one to come all the way from Hong Kong. The only annoying thing was that, since they don't make this color in the US, it came with a European charger. Luckily, our tiny Kmart had an American one! So now I'm good to go.

I've been playing Pokemon Platinum preeetty much all day. This is a bad plan because I am going to be busy all week and I have a ton of work to do, but I'll deal. Also, I'm only one gym badge into the game, but so far the plot is pretty much His Dark Materials. Evil group of people using the energy from evolving Pokemon to blast into a new universe? Sounds like the Gobblers to me.

I also bought Super Mario 64 DS, but I haven't touched it yet. I'm trying to track down Professor Layton and the Curious Village as well, since I've heard that it's a lot of fun. I freaking love this thing.

11 comments:

Mandi said...

I would suggest renting Professor Layton and the Curious Village instead of buying it, if you can. I finished it in about three and a half days. It's a very fun game, it just doesn't take very long to complete.
I'm looking forward to getting a new DS Lite soon since the hinge on mine broke and the top screen only works if you hold it a certain way. I got it the first week it came out, whenever that was. Pokemon Platinum DOES sound like HDM! I'll have to get that soon.

Anonymous said...

Pokemon games have plots these days? What has the world come to? I guess Ruby/Sapphire kind of had a plot.... But the fact that the plot is like His Dark Materials kind of makes me want to get the DS Lite and Platinum just for this!

Have fun!

Andrew Kornfeld said...

2922 4962 5231... Put me in your Pal Pad if you know what's good for ya...

Catherine said...

I have Professor Layton and the Curious Village. It is fun, but it doesn't take very long to beat. After you're done there is really nothing left to do unless you get the online weekly puzzles on your DS. And even then it's kind of boring. Just a tip.

Katie said...

Professor Layton is really fun. I'm so slow at puzzles and I don't play it very often so I'm not done yet.
Now I want to go play pokemon.

sam0nella said...

Professor Layton is one of the best DS games I've ever played. You should also try any of the Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice games. Those are CLASSIC.

Harberette said...

I lovelovelovelovelove my DS Lite! I got the black one for my birthday just before they stopped making them, which was pretty lucky. I don't have the Pokemon game[s] yet, but I want them sooo bad! The game Elite Beat Agents is really good. I think you'd probably like it. It's music based, like DDR for DS, and totally freaking silly.

Becky said...

I have the apple green DS lite too! Even here in England they're pretty rare.

I suggest Animal Crossing, which is awesome, and 100 Classic Book Collection which is basically a ds ereader type thing! I use it about five times a day now...

Anonymous said...

you're so lucky i want 1!!

sam0nella said...

how ironic. a lime green ds is coming out in the US. you can only get it in a bundle, though.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10229240-1.html

Kelly Danielle said...

Congrats on your new DS lite!!

You can never go wrong with Pokemon games, or Mario Kart

Post a Comment